Do you ever wish you could go back and give your younger self some guidance about how to succeed sooner?
I know I sure do...
You see, when I was fresh out of coach school and all excited to start changing lives (and let's face it, the entire world) with my coaching, I thought it would be easy to find coaching clients.
And you know what the crazy thing is?
I WAS RIGHT!!!
But it took me 18 months of overwhelm, heartache, and $40k of debt to realise that.
So, if I could go back and talk to 35 year old Jo, at the beginning of 2013, when she was first getting started, this is what I'd love to tell her...
1. Don't buy into the BS that you have to invest in everything to be able to succeed. So, find a coach whose mission you love. Someone who completely gets you, has been where you are, and has made it to where YOU want to be in the 6-24 months. Invest there instead of everywhere. Because most of the strategies being taught online are skipping the foundations you need and the experts you're following, who are too far ahead of you, don't understand you or your business, and won't give you the support and accountability you desire.
2. I know you think that you have an open mind, confidence and self-belief, but you're going to need a lot more for this journey. So work on your mindset everyday, and get whatever support you need, so that you will do the work, every day, even when it's challenging.
3. Nail your niche. Not tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. But right now. Today! Because, until you know EXACTLY who you can help, and EXACTLY what you can help them with, nothing else you do is going to work.
4. Facebook pages are dead, so stop wasting your time posting endlessly in a desperate attempt to get likes from people who couldn't give a shit about your coaching business anyway. Get yourself in Facebook Groups - hell, grow your own - where you can actually reach the people who want and need what you have to offer.
5. Consistency and persistency is the key to visibility. Even though you think you're posting all the time, most people aren't seeing your messages. Either they're not reading them because you're chopping and changing your message, talking about fluffy subjects - confidence, happiness, balance, blah-blah-blah - and writing without emotional impact. OR they're not seeing them often enough because you keep quitting on yourself. So start today, and create a strong messaging and posting habit that sees you getting visible every day with powerfully compelling messaging that is always focused on your ONE thing.
6. Raise your prices, because $200 an hour might sound nice, but the time and energy you're going to have to expend to find enough clients to keep you afloat, is going to leave you exhausted and overwhelmed. So, stop trading dollars for hours and start charging for results!
7. And finally, once you've done all of the above, start creating passive revenue streams, with ads and funnels that will bring you a regular income each month, without you lifting a finger!
I wonder, what else would you want to let your younger self know?
JO DAVIDSON IS THE CLIENT CREATION COACH, A FIERCE AND DYNAMIC FORCE FOR WOMEN WHO ARE READY TO CHANGE THE WORLD WITH THEIR COACHING AND PROSPER IN THEIR BUSINESSES.
CONNECT WITH JO TODAY, IN THE FEARLESS WOMEN'S CIRCLE, TO CATCH HER FREE LIVE TRAINING VIDEOS AND GET SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE TO BUILD YOUR COACHING BIZ, THE EASY WAY.